Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Embellish Comp Round 6 - Store It

For round 6 of the Embellish comp at scrapncraftwitht.com.au we had to make something to hold some gift cards, that we had to make 3 of. These were the requirements
Alter an embellishment

Make a card compendium that is different from the example

Make at least 3 cards


I made this suitcase from a template that I got from Becky at http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-05-29T05%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=12
You can purchase this and many other templates from her. Check out her site. its amazing
Anyway the pp that i used has been sitting in my stash for nearly 3 years. I thought it was the ugliest paper ever. But when i placed it against the pink and green cardstock, it just seemed to come alive. Couldnt believe. Dont know the name of the pp. The suitcase surprisingly didnt take me too long. Putting it all together was probably the most fiddly and time consuming thing about it. I used 2 buckles from my LSS, which i think give it a real life effect. My handmade embelly is a large white bella flower that I cut off all the petals and with the remaining circle centre, i put the end of some pink ribbon through, bunched the white circle centre around the ribbon. And then i made 4 loops, with the ribbon, around the white centre as another row of colour. I then stuck most of the petals back around the edge. Very fiddly and Im not sure i will be able to get the glue off fingers ever. My 3 cards were just made with the scraps left over using some stamped images that Mel and Deb gave me. Very happy with how this turned out
This is the cut up bella flower

The altered bella flower with the pink ribbon. The other side of the pp can be seen behind the sentiment.






No comments: