Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sam's Eye candy magic - purple and green challenge

Sam's challenge for July, on her blog
is to create a project using purple and green. And one of my most dreaded colours to use is purple. SO this was a real challenge for me. I started doing this for Sam's challenge as well as the scrapwithv sketch challenge for June, until I realised it is no longer June. For this LO I used no patterned papers, only Sullivans and Coredinations card stock, flourish with a bling flourish, prima flower, ribbon, string, brads, A2Z Scraplet chipboard title (which i coloured with water colour pencils), buzz and bloom felt corners, kaiser die cut, carolee creations alpha stickers and DCWV rub on. I used an ink pad and dragged it around the outside of the cardstock, in purple and green, and also used the purple ink pad to create circle in the middle - which i then also used a black pen to doodle a circle.

2 comments:

amanda73 said...

this is gorgeous.......purple and green were so not my colours either...... an awesome layout with minimal of these coloured stash........love it

Samantha said...

Oh Kirsten! this is an amazing! take on the challenge! i wouldn't be able to tell you dreaded purple from how wonderfully you have use it on this layout! also i've got to say i love your New Blog look! OMG! Eric can sux me dry any day...lol :)